OUTDOOR FIRST AID IS OUR MOST POPULAR COURSE.
Our trainer having a discussion with our outdoor first aid course candidates
The Outdoor First Aid course covers the long term care of casualties in remote settings. The course can called Wilderness First Aid or Remote First Aid.
The course is suitable for outdoor enthusiasts, environmental consultants and those working in the outdoor industry.
This is a 16-hour course, delivered over 2 days.
The course is approved by National Governing Bodies such as British Canoe Union, British Association of Snowsport Instructors and the Royal Yachting Association. It is also recognised by Mountain Leader Training, and British Cycling.
Please make sure that you check your National Governing Bodies requirements for first aid.
Certificates are issued through our OfQual approved Awarding Organisation, this means that you can be assured of quality trainers.
The course looks at how you may adapt and improvise your own equipment to support your first aid kit. We have first aid kits for sale.
COURSE CONTENT OF THE OUTDOOR FIRST AID COURSE
- Vital signs
- Accident procedure
- Recognition and treatment of an unconscious casualty
- How to recognise and treat casualties who are in a seizure
- Adult CPR the recognition and treatment of Cardiac Arrest
- Treatment of Drowning / Child CPR / Infant CPR casualties
- Recognition and treatment choking casualties
- The treatment of bleeding injuries
- Recognition and treatment of burns and scalds
- How to recognise and treat potential fractures to arms and lower legs
- Recognition and treatment soft tissue injuries
- Treating casualties with head injuries
- Management of potential neck injuries
- Recognition and treatment of injuries to the chest, stomach, pelvis and thigh.
- Practical incidents to re-enforce learning throughout the 2 days
- The course will involve being in the outdoor environment for practical development of skills close to the teaching centre
- Recognition and treatment of common medical emergencies (Asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis, bites, stings,)
- Core heating and cooling (hyper and hypo thermia) recognition and treatment