Employers have a duty to provide adequate first aid cover and First Aid Training. To see your duties as an employer relating to First Aid Training Legislation and assess your First Aid needs you can look through the First Aid at Work; The Health & Safety (First Aid Regulations 1981 Approved Code of Practice document)
To assess your first aid needs the HSE have an online assessment tool
- HSE First Aid Assessment tool
First Aid Academy can provide you with FREE advice for your first aid hazard assessment in your workplace. Just give us a call on 0800 999 2716.
First Aid Training Legislation
- HSE First Aid at Work & the Law Takes you to the HSE website directly.
- RIDDOR Explained Takes you to the HSE website on The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
- DFEE information for First Aid in Schools
- HSE First Aid at Work FAQs
- Managing Medicines in schools and early years settings
- Health & Safety of pupils on school visits
- Control of Substances Hazadous to Health